Dry Needling & Pain ManagementDry needling is performed by a certified physical therapist for various reasons related to pain management, soft tissue restrictions, and/or mobility impairments.
PROGRAM OVERVIEWDry needling is performed by a certified physical therapist for various reasons related to pain management, soft tissue restrictions, and/or mobility impairments.
Neurologic and orthopedic conditions can be accompanied by both acute and chronic pain, limiting participation in life and perceived quality of life.
Within our outpatient and day neuro program, dry needling is utilized as part of an interdisciplinary approach to achieve maximal functional outcomes for the patient.
This is not limited to pain alone, but rather physical dysfunction and spasticity management as well.
The clinical staff at Sage is highly educated and trained in specific neuromusculoskeletal techniques to reduce pain, improve mobility and help you regain your greatest functional potential.
- Joint instabilities and impingements
- Muscle weaknesses and imbalances
- Faulty movement patterns
- Poorly controlled spasticity/severe spasticity
- Muscle contractures
- Headaches (migraine, tension type, cervicogenic, etc)
- Soft tissue and joint mobilization
- Neuromuscular Re-education
- Electrical Stimulation (Pain Relief and Muscle Re-education)
- Dry Needling by a certified Physical Therapist
- Therapeutic activities and guided exercise
- Individualized home program for long-term maintenance of pain reduction and independence
Getting the care you need is important, but having someone who cares along side you – the entire way – is even more important.
Our team is comprised of industry leading experts, but also compassionate and caring individuals.