Sage Outpatient Services offer a comprehensive, functional, goal-driven program specifically designed to treat individuals affected by Dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.
Our program lasts for 12 – 16 weeks and the goal is to help individuals to maintain independence within the community or in their home for as long as possible.
The patient and the patient’s families are urged to come to their evaluation with individualized areas for the therapy team to focus as well as specific frustrations or concerns.
The Dementia Program is tailored to treat patients holistically with an increased focus on family involvement, home safety, family training, and education.
Dementia can be a severely debilitating and life-altering diagnosis. Families are often nervous and scared, not knowing what their journey will be like. Our program has been designed for individuals who can still benefit from skilled therapeutic intervention through either restorative or compensatory strategy training.
There are several types of dementia that could qualify you for our program:
- Vascular Dementia
- Frontotemporal Dementia
- Lewy Body Dementia
- Huntington’s Disease
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Alzheimer’s Dementia
Therapy is an important part of care for individuals with a dementia diagnosis. Individuals that have a supportive therapy team behind them often feel more comfortable about the changes and obstacles that are present after this diagnosis.
The program offers:
- Placement on Global Deterioration Scale (GDS) which determines dementia severity level
- Evaluations performed by certified Therapists (Physical, Occupational, and Speech) and a Social Worker if necessary
- Goals for both patients and family members (increased family involvement is key to this program)
- Compensatory strategy and behavioral management training
- Family Education and training meetings
- Home safety Evaluations
- Neuropsychology services