Day Neuro Program
Our day neuro program is designed to be an experience unique to each individual depending on their rehabilitation needs. One size does not fit all when recovering from a neurological injury or disease.
The program allows individuals to live at home while attending on a daily basis for two to six hours of rehabilitation.
Some individuals need more physical care, while others need more cognitive rehabilitation, and others the sole focus is to regain specialized skills needed in order to return to work.
The day program at Sage Outpatient helps patients maximize their functional potential in each stage of recovery.
We Focus On:
- Independent living skills (Dressing, bathing, toileting, feeding)
- Mobility skills (transfers, walking distance, walking quality)
- Swallowing ability
- Cognitive skills/li>
- Language skills
- Community Reintegration (managing stairs, curbs, attending grocery store)
- Individual/Family Counseling
- Work Reintegration
DAY NEURO PROGRAM
- Traumatic/Non-traumatic Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Brain/Spinal Tumor Recovery
- Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Huntington’s Disease/Basal Ganglia Disorders
- NDT Certified and trained Physical and Occupational Therapists
- Neuro-Ifrah Trained Staff
- Vital Stim Certified Speech Therapists
- AMP Care-Certified Speech Therapists
- Augmentative Communication Implementation Speech Therapists
- Certified Therapy Provider For SPEECHEASY
- Dry Needling Certified Physical Therapist
- Interactive Metronome Certified
Program Features Include:
- In The Clinic and On The Road Driving Evaluation
- Interactive Metronome
- Social Work Services For Individual Psychotherapy, Group Psychotherapy, and Community Resource Management
- Neuropsychological Services Including Individual Psychotherapy, Family Psychotherapy, and Cognitive Testing
- Wound Care
- Home Safety Evaluations
- Transitional Services For Return To Work Including Worksite Evaluations and Employer Education
- Modalities Such As Neuromuscular Stimulation and Estim
- Education Groups
- Leisure Activities
- Community Outings
- PT/NR Monitoring
Cognitive compensatory strategy training is a large part of the rehabilitation process.
This training includes identifying solutions to the patient’s cognitive problems through both external and internal strategies.
Sage Outpatient strives to remain up to date and evidence-based in the delivery of all services.
Education is the primary responsibility of each therapist and their goal is to provide you with information regarding exercise and recovery that can be used on a daily basis at home.
The greatest amount of recovery following a neurological injury happens within the first year following. It is important during this time to promote neuroplasticity.