Sage Outpatient is now offering a Wheelchair and Seating Clinic for patients with neurological (or other) deficits that require manual or powered wheelchair mobility in their home, work, and community environments. The Wheelchair and Seating Clinic may be helpful if you have any of the following:
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Guillain Barre
- Multiple Sclerosis
The evaluation and treatment process will include:
- Posture Evaluation – determines your postural impairments and assesses if you have the flexibility to sit with optimal postural alignment.
- Wheelchair Evaluation – determines your most efficient and functional means of mobility and will help to identify equipment that will give you the highest level of independence. Options include:
- Manual wheelchairs
- Seat backs and cushions
- Power wheelchairs
- Power wheelchair drive control systems
- Wheelchair Training – optimizes function, safety, and independence in multiple environments (including grass, ramps, curbs, carpet) that may be frequently encountered in your daily life.
- Final Fitting – rehab team completes your fitting into the custom equipment, and adjustments are made to ensure proper positioning in order to maximize your functional independence, decrease risk of shoulder pain, promote good posture, breathing, balance, and assist in prevention of skin issues.
*Pressure mapping, assistive technology, and/or augmentative communication device evaluation may also be completed if appropriate.
For more information about our wheelchair seating program or to schedule a tour, please call 225-906-4097 and speak with our admission team.