Sage Outpatient is now offering dry needling by a certified physical therapist:
1 in 10 people who suffer a cerebrovascular event (stroke) develop chronic pain, most specifically with regards to hemiplegic shoulder pain, severe and unrelenting headaches, and central post stroke pain (CPSP).
More than 50% of people who suffer a traumatic brain injury experience severe headaches and musculoskeletal pain throughout recovery.
Approximately 80% of people who suffer a spinal cord injury have reported significant pain, chronic in nature.
SAGE Outpatient provides pain management through an interdisciplinary approach, including but not limited to dry needling performed by a certified physical therapist.
Treatments may include:
- Soft issue and joint mobilization
- Neuromuscular re-education
- Electrical stimulation (pain relief and muscle re-education)
- Dry needling – by a certified Physical Therapist
- Therapeutic activities and guided exercise
- Individualized home program for long term maintenance of pain reduction and independence
For more information about our dry needling/ pain management program or to schedule a tour, please call 225-906-4097 and speak with our admission team.