Sage Outpatient Services/Day Neuro Program is committed to helping patients maintain their sense of independence, autonomy, and self-worth. Sage’s occupational therapists understand the progressive conditions, neurological deficits, and life events which effect the mental, visual, and physical changes that can effect driving.
They address remediation and compensatory strategies related to driving. By performing a variety of interventions including:
- Vision evaluation and training
- Cognitive evaluation and training
- Motor skill evaluation and training
- Administration of the UFOV (Useful field of View) driving assessment
- Upon completion of these assessments, the occupational therapist will determine if an on-the-road evaluation is necessary and make recommendations.
On the road driving evaluation and assessment are now offered through Sage Outpatient.
For more information about our driving program or to schedule a tour, please call 225-906-4097 and speak with our admission team.